January 16, 2013

Create a Card - or Four - AND a Tag - or Two! from the Robin's Nest

Today I am sharing samples made from one of the new tag kits from The Robin's Nest - the Regency Tag Kit.   The Regency Tag Kit includes ribbon, dew drops, chipboard tags, and stickers to match. The kits are very fun and easy to use. The picture below shows everything included in one kit. Use items from the kit to adorn your scrapbook pages, add to your cards, embellish gifts -  even add to your mini book albums.  The Regency Tag Kit is just one of 31 tag kits available . . . click here to see them all.
So, my task - make ONE card using the Regency Tag Kit.  But, oh no!  I couldn't stop there!   

I was having so much fun with the challenge! So here are four cards and two tags - all made from one kit! 
  
Just add paper, adhesive, your favorite tools, bling, and - of course - die cuts from this month's partner - Heartfelt Creations!
Scroll down for close-ups, supplies used, instructions - and be sure to check out the inside of some of these cards!

Supplies used to complete all six items:

Card 1
I cut a cream cardstock base 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  Using the striped side of the Belgian Chocolate Cardstock, I created a border by cutting four strips 5-1/2" x 1/2".  I beveled the edges of two of the strips for a frame effect.  I covered the front with Gold Classic Cardstock cut 5-1/4" x 5-1/4".  Using Peach Classic Cardstock, I cut a border 5-1/4" wide.  Just above the border, I added a strip of the Belgian Chocolate Cardstock.

For the tag, I embossed the file tag in the kit with Red Dragon embossing powder.  I glued the back of the to the large Royal tag...but I used a pop-dot in the front for dimension.  I glued the tag to the front of the card...then embellished!  Some Dew Drops on the Tag - some Delicate Asters cut from Peach and Belgian Chocolate, a Dew Drop Center, and a bow made from the ribbon included in the kit.  But something was missing!  As I searched my flourish stamps to add so pizazz...I came across a geometric stamp set I bought when I first started scrapping...a set I had really never found a use for!  I know now why I can't throw anything away!  I pulled out the diamond-shaped stamp, creating four diamonds embossed with Reg Dragon.  (You can do this without a stamp...cut a diamond, cover with ink, and emboss - no stamp needed!)  I added Dew Drops - and started showing my card off to everyone I saw!  I didn't stop there...I took the theme to the inside for a regal finish.  Pictures below show card detail and the inside.

Inside




This card is a standard 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card - with a cream base.  Using Belgian Chocolate Cardstock, I created a frame as in the first card.  I add a piece of Gold Glitter Cardstock cut 5-1/4" x 4".  The sentiment was created using a word processor and printed on Cream Glitter Cardstock.  I added the lion tag from the kit - and finished off the inside for another regal greeting with another matted greeting created on the computer...and another tag from the kit.
Inside
Card 3
For this card, I made my base smaller than usual (4-1/4" x 5") so I could hang my tag at the top and still fit in a standard envelope.  The base is cream cardstock - embossed on the top half.  I add strips of Gold Glitter Cardstock, Peach Glitter Cardstock, and Belgian Chocolate Cardstock in the middle.  Embellished with a stamp tag from the kit, along with three regal circles from the kit.  I topped everything off with some Delicate Asters cut in Gold, Dew Drop Center, and ribbon included in the kit.  Here is a close-up of the flower center.

Card 4
This card is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2.  I stamped a sentiment in the scroll tag included in the kit.  Cardstock used for matting include Peach Glitter, cream, Belgian Chocolate, and Gold Glitter.  The Delicate Aster is covered with Bronze Glitter with a Dew Drop center.  The leaf is cut from green and covered with Cool Highlights Transparent Glitter.  I finished it off with flourishes using pearl strips.  The inside includes cream cardstock, Belgian Chocolate Cardstock, and three regal circles included in the kit.
Inside


Tag 1
For this tag, I used the plain tag in the kit - kind of a gold color.  First, I stamped a couple Delicate Asters and leaves onto the tag and embossed in Gold.  I distressed the edges with Festive Berries Distress Ink, then Iced Spruce Distress Ink.  (These colors matched the berry-colored Dew Drops and the blue in the Belgian Chocolate Cardstock perfectly!)  Then I finished the tag with Delicate Asters cut in Belgian Chocolate Cardstock - with Dew Drop centers, of course.  A couple leaves glittered with Cool Highlights glitter - and some fancy tulle and fiber...close-up below.

Tag 2
My last sample is a smaller tag in the kit.  The tag is already black with a regal design.  I simply added some Delicate Asters cut from Belgian Chocolate Cardstock - complete with a green leaf glittered in Cool Highlights.  A little added embellishment are two small squares cut from Gold Glitter Cardstock - topped with Dew Drops from the kit.  All finished off with a fancy gold tulle.

I'm telling you - it was so much fun seeing what I could make from this product new to me!  Now you can join in the fun!  Use code cardkitpromo for 20% on Robin's Nest Card Kits and Tag Kits - offer good for the month of January.  Be sure to check out the website, because there are many more than just the Regency Tag Kit.  Enjoy!

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!