June 5, 2016

Neebish Island Card

It isn't summer without a trip to Neebish Island! Today I'm featuring a card for the strong women on Neebish Island, Michigan.

My design was especially inspired by Sketch Saturday #415...I immediately saw the oval as the Island - and replaced the flourish with an anchor.

Color Burst makes for a fun background with a watercolor wash. I used the Sprinkle-Spritz technique for the Island. The anchor is embossed craft paper by Tim Holtz - with a Color Burst wash for a striped effect. I white embossed a strip with a wavy design - then colored with watercolors...with the embossed section resisting the watercolor.

The Neebish sentiment makes the island the star of the show. Everything was cut using my Sizzix eClips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!