October 16, 2018

You Say It's Your Birthday

This card is to "celebrate" my birthday month.  The October Power & Spark Challenge at Power Poppy is "You Say It's Your Birthday!"  The challenge is to use inspiration from your birthday month.  My birthday always fell just before the school year started - sometimes landing on the first day of school.  I use "celebration loosely, as I never was able to have a birthday party because "everyone was too busy getting ready for school."  I didn't get to take cupcakes to school on my birthday because nobody was prepared for that on the first day of school - or in most cases, we weren't in school.  And, of course, my birthday gifts pretty much consisted of new school clothes.  

Eventually I begin a career in education - and guess what.  It doesn't change!  I worked with great people who used everyone's birthday as a reason to take a break from work and party with a cake - unless, of course, the birthday was during the first week of school - then everyone was too busy to celebrate - or even sign the community birthday card and pass it on!  LOL!  Ah, you laugh - but, yes, one year I had a break down as one of my colleagues whose birthday was the day after mine insisted we have a meeting on MY birthday because she wanted to take the next day off for HER birthday.  I think my hands were headed for her neck when my boss intercepted and dragged me into her office.  I had a great boss who let me vent - and who has never forgot my birthday since that year - and we both left that school close to twenty years ago.  I can still rely on her birthday card - think I made my point.  LOL!

So when I thought back for this challenge about my birthday month - these traumatic experiences was all that came to mind - so I'm celebrating with Power Poppy's Graceful Still Life - a wonderful digi with some books - and a fun hat that I now wear in retirement.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it crazy how the day we were born can so affect us in our lives. I'm so sorry yours fell on such a busy time, but I'm glad you had a boss who continued to bless you. And what a perfect stamp set to use. Love your coloring with the striped background. It really makes the image pop! So glad you joined the Power Poppy Power and Spark challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!