November 30, 2019

Enchanted Paper Collection Now Available!

Happy Saturday!  This weekend at We Are 3, we have a new paper collection in the Etsy shop - Enchanted.  These papers are versatile because the marbled patterns can provide such a nice background pattern - even great for matting!  I made a simple card using papers from the Enchanted collection.  Bonnie shared with us that inkjet prints are reactive to water.  I need more practice with that, I suppose.  I think the reaction might be dependent on the type of paper you use as well.  However, after looking at some samples using stencils, I loved the look and decided to attempt at digitally getting the same look. 

For my stencil, I used Layered Doily 12 from Monica's Creative Room.  I then used the "dodge" tool in Gimp to activate the watermark look - very similar to spraying with water (except that this design didn't disappear when it dried - lol).

The watermark technique was popular years ago - we used Versamark ink pads back then.  So it was fun to go back and work on getting this same effect now I'm more digital in my work.

We Are 3 Digital Paper  Enchanted Fairy Watercolor image 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!