October 9, 2020

NonTraditional for a few Challenges

This week's challenge at Power Poppy is right up my alley - using a fall image with nontraditional colors.  I love using nontraditional colors....see some of the pumpkin wreaths I made this year at the end of this post.  (I believe in equal opportunity as my grandson's entire scrapbook is using Christmas papers - LOL!) Using nontraditional colors for autumn is a bit more difficult - but I'm happy with what I ended up with.  My first thought was the old 80s favorite - pink and green.  So I used Pumpkins and Sunflowers from Fred She Said - with mint green pumpkins and pink flowers.  My friend Mikah sent me a letter wrapped in gorgeous decorative tulle - so I decided to make this card for Mikah using the tulle on the card.  The light background layer is tulle adhered to pink cardstock.  The darker version is using the tulle as a glitter stencil...double duty with adorable tulle!

The design is inspired by this week's Featured Stamper at Splitcoast.  I cut the image and sentiment using my Eclips.


Here's pics of some pumpkin wreaths made in nontraditional colors.





1 comment:

  1. I laughed when you said that this challenge was right up your alley -- you are so right!!! I love all of your pumpkins and have to say I was a huge fan of pink and green in the 80s. In fact, my bedroom was even pink and green back in the day! Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!