August 8, 2021

New Progressive Freebie Challenge

The new challenge started last week at The Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge with the image New Car from Twinkle Lane Designs.  This is a month-long challenge.  It is sometimes tough to come up with ideas for the freebies we receive.  I finally settled on a simple card.  I featured the freebie car image riding a two-lane highway.  Honestly, I was at a loss for a sentiment until I found the Over the Hill sentiment in my stash.  How PERFECT! 

Once I started coloring, I was pleasantly surprised.  New Car came together quite nicely - in face it was a joy to color.  I did get confused and kept wanting to color it with tail lights instead of head lights because Twinkle Lane Designs is in the United Kingdom.  Hah!  It just hit me know I could have flipped the car so that the steering wheel would be on the left!!!!  LOL!  All the coloring was done digitally.

Both background design papers are We Are 3 (Canvas Scenes).  I used a Swiss Dots embossing folder for the dotty background.

I think the sentiment was computer generated - can't remember for sure.  The bow was from a jar of bows I bought at our old S&S for a buck - probably ten years ago and that jar is still stuffed with bows!  I thought the green bow helped bring the color of the car to even out the design.  I'm pretty proud of myself for not shying away from an image I thought would be too difficult to turn into a card - and I'm more than pleased with the results.  Join us at the challenge and be prepared to be amazed at how everyone used this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!