October 8, 2023

Creating a Simple Layout with Traci Reed's Smitten Digital Kit

Today I'm sharing a layout using the Smitten Digital Kit from Traci Reed!  Today I'd like to share a tip using detailed digital embellishments when you don't have an electronic cutter.   

The Smitten Digital Kit from Traci Reed has some great patterned papers that are perfect for many occasions - not just Valentine's Day.  I pulled out the beautiful dotted pattern for the background of this simple layout.  I prefer computer-generated journaling, and the pale blue allowed me to journal right on top.  The border on the left side is a beautiful, lacy border in the same blue.  My electronic cutter, though, could never handle the detail in this border - so I added a contrasting background to show through the lace (the kit includes solid colors that coordinate - makes it so easy!)  You could then even quickly fussy cut that border and still have a lacy effect! 

Once all my embellishments were cut, I just layered them up. I only used a few so as to not take the focus away from the photo.  I popped up the title and hearts - I think adding the look of dimension outweighs the bulk in the album.

I had so much fun creating this layout with the Smitten patterned papers from Traci Reed.  I would love to see your layouts using this same kit for other occasions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!