August 13, 2018

Dog Lover Gift Bag

Today I want to share with you a gift bag I turned into a gift "box" - created with papers from the new August Release, Dog Love, and a new sentiment collection, Itty Bitty.
I decided I wanted to try something a little bit different with these adorable Dog Love papers!  To make this bag topper, I measured the bottom of the bag and created a template, adding 1-1/4" on each side, as well as a scalloped border.  I scored 1-1/4" on each side and cut to the score line to create tabs to create the box lid.  I then added top bone layers and a dotted scalloped layer.  And remember to cut some slits for the handles! After that, I added a sentiment next to the pooch.  When I cut that layer, I cut around the dog's head to make him stand out.  To finish, I added another layer of bones with a scalloped bottom and some flourishes and gems.  I just love these papers and sentiments can be used in different ways!  I left the handles on, but you could cut off the handles and have more of a gift box rather than gift bag.

1 comment:

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!