April 27, 2019

Forever Young

Here's a two-page layout I made for my 50th birthday. This is where all this papercrafting life began! As my hubby for some reason thought I wanted to scrapbook and gave me about $300 worth of scrapbooking supplies! WHAT WAS HE THINKING????? Since we were newlyweds, I indulged him and took a class.....or two.....or three....and the rest is history!!!!! I wish someone would have taken a picture of my face when I opened my gift - it had to be one of my best acting roles, as my hubby was so excited! There is a silver cloud to this story - since my hubby is responsible for my papercrafting addiction, he never once has complained about the amount of time or money I spend. :D My friends and family did get some fun pics of us enjoying my 50th birthday celebration - so 15 years later, it's finally been scrapped. 
My layout is inspired by the April double-page challenge at Stick It Down!  For my background, I used a pinwheel of paper patterns from Look Up from We Are 3.  My title (which does not show up well in the photo) is made from rub-ons I had in my stash.
image 0

5 comments:

  1. Love this Camille! Thanks for sharing the back story of how you got into scrapbooking too! I'm so glad you played along with our 2 page layout challenge this month at Stick It Down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and a wonderful job with the sketch and background. Too funny that it was your hubby that got you started, and now look at you! Thanks for playing along at Stick it Down in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page. I am sure you don't regret getting into this hobby at all now. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, and such a fantastic story behind it! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!