January 6, 2020

My Casual Whimsy Bed Box Card

Tomorrow my hubby will be having surgery on his back - hopefully getting him back on his feet. He's been down for six weeks now - pretty much always in severe pain. As many know, he had surgery in February and is facing additional surgery in another couple months. We have spent the past year playing roulette with doctors' appointments. Not to mention four other surgeries he's had since we've moved here...and countless visits to the ER. He "expects" a handmade card when he gets out of surgery - I'm kind of at a loss for ideas by now! One of my crafting groups reposted my birthday card for him from last year - and I had my AHA moment. I remade the card with him in a drab tan "hospital" bed - attached to an IV. Since in all these surgeries, they have removed and/or replaced some body part, I settled on the sentiment "You want a Piece of Me?!?!? Get in Line!!!"
I used Marriages (Bugaboo) for my hubby, and Can't Cure Stupidity (Bugaboo) for the nurse. The IV is just a piece of clipart I colored. The bed box card file is Get Well Bear Card in a Box (My Casual Whimsy). Hmmmm....I see in my files I have a nurse from Bugaboo - I might just have to add her! This is a very easy file to assemble. The sentiment was computer generated.
Here you can see the dimension of the entire card. Isn't it cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!