December 15, 2019

Sketch Challenge from Stick It Down!

Happy Sunday! I look forward to the Sketch Challenges at Stick It Down each month. Besides a card challenge, Stick It Down also has both a single-page layout and a double-page layout. I decided to use the double-page layout using papers from We Are 3's Look Up collection. Not only did I use patterns from Look Up for the background panels, I also digitally paper pieced the lighthouse with a brick pattern from the Brick Fire Station collection.
When I join Stick It Down's Sketch Challenges, I begin with the photos I want to scrap - THEN check out the sketch.  So I'm often looking for different ways to get the same effect - but with a totally different topic.  So for this layout, it took me some thinking to decide what I could substitute for the Christmas trees that were more appropriate for my nephew's wedding theme.  They were married on the famous Mackinac Island (Where the movie "Somewhere in Time" was filmed).  Mackinac's sites include the Mighty Mackinaw Bridge - and Round Island Lighthouse.  I am so excited I found a way to replicate the same effect!  Of course, since it was a summer-wedding theme, I substitute flowers for the snowflakes.  
We Are 3 Digital Paper Look Up image 0        We Are 3 Digital Paper Brick Fire Station image 0

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I love these muted colors, they're so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lighthouse. Well done on adding your spin to the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!