November 7, 2022

Christmas Presents

One good thing about having to color digital images, I can forget all the mess that's on my work desk behind me.  Since I had a little extra time on my hands today, I decided to practice clothing folds - digitally - using Christmas Presents from our sponsor at Kerst - All Dressed Up.  One thing nice about designing is that we are expected to use specific images - images that I would probably never buy - this forces me to color out of my comfort zone.   

It is hard to see in the photo, buy my wings ARE actually transparent.  I can see the stars from the background through my wings.  By happenstance, I selected some paper for the background - I was looking for something with some pattern, but not too busy or loud.  By viewing the icons on the computer, I really wasn't sure what this pattern was until I loaded it up.  What a happy coincidence!  Our theme is stars - and this background paper just happens to be full of stars!!!!  How lucky could I get for my first choice!

I did calculate wrong when printing my image and sentiment - but was thrilled to find a solution by leaving a white border just on the sides rather than a full mat.  I was planning to mat and fussy cut my image - but I liked the bold sentiment - so decided if I went with a single-layer design, I could overlap the image and sentiment and have the best of both worlds\ for this month's Kerst Christmas Challenge.

1 comment:

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!