November 7, 2015

Get Ready for Another Challenge

SBC_Sketch232
Another sketch challenge.  Thank you, Scrapbook Challenges, for always creating inspirational challenges that encourage me in my creative life.

Not all that pleased with my page - though layouts are always enhanced once pictures are added.  Unfortuantely, I don't get to share these great layouts with my grandson's pictures.  In hindsight, I needed to spritz this page - but wasn't in the mood for a mess (which is what that always means to me).
For the journaling, I used lyrics from Tiny Dancer (Tim McGraw).  These lyrics will describe my pictures perfectly, as the pictures I had to work with for this layout were of Damien driving his little Playskool car, having fun in every child's favorite toy - a cardboard box, one of him sleeping in the Playskool car, and one of him wrapped all up in a University of Michigan blanket - sleeping with the dog.  I'm not a journaler - and hate my handwriting - so often rely on song lyrics for my journaling - I smiled when I read these words and how they described Damien's day perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you joined in on the challenge - those are great colors for a little boy page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the goldenrod and the teal combo-and song lyrics and quotes are fantastic touches! Love it! Kate (SBC)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!