July 18, 2018

Let's Have Some Coloring Fun!

Isn't this a beautiful image!  This is a card I designed for two Power Poppy challenges - Hues to Use and Power & Spark Inspire Me.  I used Power Poppy's Graceful Still Life digital stamp.  For the Inspire Me challenge, I was inspired by Allison's Inspire Me video - Copic Shading and Shadow.
Allison's video was especially helpful to me in explaining using Warm, Neutral, and Cool colors to shade.  I tended  more to just go with darker colors.  I have to admit this is probably only the 3rd time I've colored roses -  these are by far the best I have ever colored!  I still have work to do - One thing I will work on next is consistency.  I was quite happy with my first rose - but although I used the same colors and technique, I think a break in between made a difference in how much I shaded or how dark I shaded.  So the colors in my roses are not consistent.  I think now when I have multiple roses, I will shade all of them at the same setting.

My colors also became somewhat muddied - so definitely room to improve!  And I sometimes blended too much, completely blending out my shading.

Overall, I found Allison's instructions exceptionally helpful!!  Thanks, Allison!  Here is a close-up of my work...I have to say, while my coloring is far from perfect, it doesn't help that when I photograph them, it seems the shading disappears.  

2 comments:

  1. Camille, I think you are being way to critical of your work! (we do tend to do that don't we) Your card is gorgeous. And the color work is awesome. Love the embossing too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and earthy! I love these tones together! Very lovely work! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!