August 14, 2018

Power Poppy Inspirations

For today's Creative Confetti Challenge at Power Poppy, we are to "Get that Glow" with the Inspire Me Monday video tutorial.  I combined this challenge with the monthly Power & Spark challenge to showcase one of my favorite spots at home.  
My inspiration for colors comes from some recent landscaping.  For our anniversary in June, my hubby finally planted two Mexican Birds of Paradise for me.  They are healthy growing plants - however, should not be blooming this late in the summer.  We didn't expect any flowers until next year.  One plant is right on schedule.  However, the other has a beautiful bloom - and two more in waiting.  They are calendar plants that start off slow in spring and the flower continues to bloom throughout summer - when the blooms are full, it's time for kiddies to go back to school.  So my flower is making up for lost time and literally looks different just about every hour!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any Mexican Bird of Paradise image to color (hint, hint, Power Poppy!!!!).  So I used another Arizona favorite - a Palo Verde - and changed its colors to be comparable to the Bird of Paradise (a little cardmaking creativity).  I truly struggle with coloring - particularly blending.  So this was a good way to stretch myself.  Here's Allison's wonderful tutorial.  Of course, I still need practice - but I'm fairly pleased with my "glow" on the larger flower. Fun challenges at Power Poppy this month - Hop on over!

My patterned paper in the background is from We Are 3 - Holiday Letters.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and awesome job with the challenge!! Thanks for playing along with Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of a Mexican Bird of Paradise plant! But this is a beauty and I'll be sure to pass that along to Marcy! ;-) Love your colored up flowers and how you offset them beautifully on your card. It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camille, what a gorgeous card and what a wonderful inspiration for it! The colors are gorgeous, and I love the digital DP you've used! Congratulations on being the August challenge winner! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!