August 8, 2015

Robin's Nest Inspires Me

Hello, Everyone

Today I'm here to share with you a layout inspired by The Robin's Nest Sketch Challenge - designed by Bev Code.

I just can't stop loving everything Bev creates!  In this design, I am particularly pleased with how she used very simple mixed media.  I'm always in a hurry to get my projects completed and don't care to take time to pull out mixed media.  But this was an easy sketch to follow - and my muddy paint splashes on the top are just perfect for the images I will add to capture the day my grandson spent playing in water - and later in mud.
I am happy to have finally pulled out my paints - I just might have to pull out the other side to this layout and add some spots and splashes on that to match!

The hearts I used (in lieu of flowers on the sketch) are from Blue Valentine by Digital Creations.  Acrylics paints are used for texture (a Pearlized Medium, Country Tan, and Metallic Yellow Gold).

I'm using some of my favorite papers from Doodlebug Designs, American Craft, Bo Bunny, and Scrapbook Customs.  I'm using these papers as the base for my grandson's entire scrapbook.

Now Bev's inspiration did not get me to pull out the needle and thread!  Instead I used the diamond border that I am using throughout the scrapbook.

Bev had provided me with fun inspiration - thank you, for that, Bev!  I had a great time in my craft room playing with this layout.

3 comments:

  1. Camille..that is awesome.. fabulous colours, texture...and great take on the sketch.. thanks for playing along at Robin's Nest sketch challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is really cute love the way you did this and a great take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too cute. thanks for playing along - picking winner on the 10, stop by the blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!