January 20, 2018

Christmas Wishes with a Pointy Poinsettia

I had planned to make an exception this week and NOT post a Christmas project - but then I remembered I requested the Pointy Poinsettia for my Paper Ala Mode design.  For this card, I wanted to move away from the traditional red poinsettia.
Well, I started playing with We Are 3 scraps from my stash - although this card was so easy to make - and I pretty much used all scraps - I think it turned out to be an elegant card.  Of all the different ways I have used these papers, I think this is the most beautiful card I've made with them.

The background piece is Knit Coffee from the Toasty Warm Neutral Collection.  The left panel is from the Christmas Tree Collection.  The middle panel is a piece of Vintage Dots from the Mermaid Love Collection.  The third panel was cut from Garden Dance.  For the poinsettia, I changed the black line to a gold for an "embossed" look - then printed on Butterflies digital paper - the leaves and sentiment were colored using Gold Foil digital paper.  Remember, the advantage of using digital papers and images is that you can easily change the size of the designs to what you need.

After cutting the poinsettia, bend each petal in half to give the flower dimension.
    

2 comments:

  1. THis is just fabulous! I love the papers with that pretty poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card.. i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!