January 2, 2013

Baby Girl Wishes from The Robin's Nest

Everything I love about making cards is in the Robin's Nest Baby Girls card kit I used to make this baby card . . . "to-die-for" colors, glittered cardstock, pretty stickers, and we can't forget the bling!  Today I want to share with you a simple baby card - in a couple different versions - one entirely made from the kit, the second adding Delicate Asters from Heartfelt Creations, this month's partner.
Supplies I used for this card include
  • Baby Girl Card Set (which includes) 
    • Little Girl Crown Glittered Cardstock
    • Pink Glittered Swirl on Pink Cardstock
    • Easter Dew Drops
    • Princess Paper Clips
    • Subway Art Baby Girl Stickers
    • Three embossed cards
    • Three Envelopes
  • Stamps:  Delicate Asters - Heartfelt Creations (2nd version)
  • Copic Marker - Light Suntan (E13)
I cut Pink Glittered Swirl Cardstock 5" x 3-1/2".  The bottom is trimmed with a border punch.  After distressing with brown ink, this piece was popped up on Pink Cardstock cut 5-1/4" x 4" - all matted on a white card base (5-1/2" x 4-1/4").
I then assembled a frame.  Cut a piece of white cardstock 3-1/2" x 2-1/2".  Use a craft knife to cut out a center piece slightly larger than your sentiment - in this case, 2-1/8" x 1".  I covered each side of the frame with strips of striped paper (Little Girl Crown Glittered Cardstock), beveling corners (and distressing each piece).
I centered the baby sentiment sticker in the middle of Pink Cardstock (4" x 2-3/4"), gluing this in the center of the card.  The assembled frame is pop-dotted over the sentiment.
To embellish the card, I cut two crowns from the Little Girl Crown Glittered Cardstock and added a Princess Paper Clip...as well as a nice line of Easter Dew Drops along the bottom.  To be sure my dew drops were evenly spaced, I taped a piece of cardstock across the card to use as a guide, as well as a ruler for spacing.
I like the clean classic look of this card...but couldn't help but wonder if adding flowers would make it more girlie-girlie.  So I added Delicate Asters (Heartfelt Creations) with a crown embellishment.  The Delicate Asters were stamped in brown on Pink Cardstock.  I used a Copic Marker to add light brown to the center of flowers...and Dew Drops for flower centers, of course.  

Let's not forget our envelope!  I added some Delicate Asters to the corner of the envelope and colored with Copic Markers to match the card.  Great thing about Heartfelt Creations Stamp/Die sets - making quick masks for multiple stamping.
Sweet, don't you think?

And know what's even sweeter?  Use the code cardkitpromo for 20% on Robin's Nest Card Kits and Tag Kits - offer good for the month of January.  Be sure to check out the website, because there are many more than just the Baby Girl Card Kit.  Enjoy!

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!