March 6, 2013

Classic Easter - with the help of Neon Crackle, Mini Dew Drops, and Epiphany - Robin's Nest

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for joining Robin's Nest this month for inspiring projects highlighting Neon Crackle Cardstock and Mini Dew Drops - as well as welcoming this month's partner, Epiphany.

I am spotlighting an Easter card with a Purple Neon Crackle cross - embellished with Epiphany charms and Purple Mini Dew Drops.


Supplies Used to Complete this card

I began with a White Cardstock base measuring 5-1/2" x 11", folded in half.  I covered the base front with Purple Glitter Crackle Cardstock.  Pink Classic Glitter background was embossed with the Scales Texture Plate - then punched on one side with Poinsettia Flourish.

The cross is a Freebie Pattern from My Scrap Chick.  Since my Cricut hasn't been playing nice, I chose to fussy cut the cross pieces. I printed two layers of this pattern on the back of Purple Glitter Cardstock (top layer) and Moss Green Classic Glitter Cardstock (bottom layer).

The pattern includes a decorative lacy top layer, but I like the look of the Purple Glitter Cardstock for this particular card. I cut and layered the cross pieces, then set them aside to work on my charms.  

The Easter Cross file from My Scrap Chick includes three Easter sentiments - all used in my Epiphany charms. I resized the file for the words to fit in the 1" round charms.  I printed each sentiment on a different coordinating color (Pink Classic Glitter, Moss Green Classic Glitter, and Distressed Plum).  

Shape Studio allows you to punch the perfect-sized circle.  Epiphany's Epoxy Shapes fit perfectly and are crystal clear. Since I have never really had luck with liquid products meant for the same purpose, these bubble caps were perfect for me.
  
I created three charms; using thin pink ribbon, I arranged these on my card before I attached the cross so the ribbon base would be hidden.  I then popped the cross on top of the card front.

I stamped several small-medium flowers from Malabar Clematis on Distressed Plum Cardstock.  Scrap pieces of Getaway Glitter Swirl cardstock made great leaves stamped from Delicate Asters.  I fussy cut all stamped images and crushed them in my hand for texture.
Close Up of
Embellished Cross

These were set just right of the cross center.  Both the Cross and Clematis were embellished with Neon Purple Mini Dew Drops, as was the right border of the card and left corners.  



Make sure you continue to visit The Robin's Nest all month for creative inspiration from our great design team!  Be sure to also visit the Robin's Nest now, as all colors of the Neon Crackle Cardstock are being featured this month and are 20% Off.


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already a follower! Thank you for stopping by the Deezy Does It! Pimp-Out/Showcase and linking up. Did you follow the steps for the give-a-way? hehe
    XX XO,
    Deezy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I found you through Deezy Does It!
    http://alwaysastorycreationsbynancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) I really love your ideas! I am a new follower to your blog :0)

    http://christyscraftycorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a good eye, this card came out fabulous.

    I'm your latest follower, visiting from the Pimp Out Showcase Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! New follower from Scrap Happy in Ohio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an utterly stunning card! I'm a new follower from Pimp Out Showcase! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!