March 15, 2013

Scraps to Treasure Blog Hop - Anything Spring


Welcome to the Scraps to Treasure Blog Hop. This month's theme - Anything Spring.

Nothing says Spring like flowers! Yesterday I received a great Close to My Heart Stamp Set - prize from Janet's Creative World in the Altered Frames Blog Hop last week. The stamp set, Happy Valentine, has gorgeous roses and sentiments to die for (in particular, a great "Smitten"). When I looked at my calendar and saw I needed to get ready for the Spring hop, it was close at hand and perfect! Thanks again, Janet!



My scrap pieces of paper today came from a dollar-store pack purchased seven years ago! ( I remember this, because neither my husband nor I had jobs and no money for the good stuff!) As you know, I seldom throw anything away. And this is why! Today, I just saw this paper in a different way! Here is a pic of the actual paper. I cut the "stripes" and created two borders - one from the flowers and one from the ornate green patterned striped. 

I used scraps of Buttercup Dot (Bo Bunny) for the roses - and I have a folder full of green scraps that I keep mostly for leaves. I stamped and cut two images on green....and two images on Buttercup. I accented the Buttercup roses with Copic Markers - then popped them up on top of the green leaves, adding a couple extra leaves in between.

Kathryn is the next stop on the hop.  But if you came here first, be sure to "spring" through the rest of the hop. The line-up is below in case you need it. My line up may be just a tad off, as I just started working at Hobby Lobby, and am posting my card early as I know I won't have time this weekend while working. We are setting up the first Hobby Lobby in Tucson....and if any of you have experienced a store set up, you know I'm beat when I get home! Yet, even though, have to admit I am enjoying the experience! However, there is no spring in my step these days - so I will be stumbling through the hop! Anyways, hope you are enjoying the hop!


Pam L. ~ http://mzlavr2.blogspot.com/

Robin S. - http://scrapandchat.blogspot.com/
Lissa Marie - www.somanycrafts.com
Robin C -http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/
Paula - http://preciouspagesbypaula.blogspot.com/
Cicily - www.pinkdalmationscrapper.blogspot.com
Ellen - http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com/
Camille - http://shortonideasaz.blogspot.com/
Kathryn - http://creationswithkathryn.blogspot.com

16 comments:

  1. Very nice 3D construction. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Camille, this is a beautiful example of how to majpke the most of our scraps! I love how you made a frame from that old paper's stripes ...I would never have thought of that.

    By the way, I believe the line-up now has a stop at Kathryn's after yours?

    Enjoy the HL excitement in Tucson. I wish there was an HL near me, though with 2 or 3 of each of Micharls, Joann's and ACMoore within 5 miles of me, competition is fierce!

    Fondly,
    Ellen (CardMonkey)
    Http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty glad you found use for that long ago purchased paper I have bins full !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!!! you should come link it up with us over at http://craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com/. We are having an anything goes linky party!!!

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Love your flowers. TFS

    www.scrappingwithshalan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!!!

    Robin S.
    scrapdiva2011@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is gorgeous and I absolutely love that you used super old Dollar Store papers! I also never throw anything away...and started out stamping and scrapping when I had to scrimp and save just to buy supplies! Thank you so much for this awesome idea for using those papers that may not be your style anymore. This couldn't be more beautiful than if you planned it right from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Pretty! Thanks for Sharing with us! :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Love how you used the old paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo Hoo!!! a Blog Hop and an awesome creation, what a perfect combination... love the colors...
    I can't wait to see all the wonderful creations and learn a thing or two...
    morentin1326(AT)aol(DOT)com
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful!!! TFS I love that you used scraps also. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card.

    VinDeeLoo
    vndlewis at rocketmail dot com
    vindeeloosthisnthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty border. It has the soft look of water color.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!