December 17, 2018

Challenges - Power Poppy Creative Confetti and Splitcoast Stampers Featured Stamper

Last week on the Power Poppy blog, Allison provided us with a terrific video. Allison did an amazing job demonstrating how to color with embossing powders. Since I have committed to only digital stamps, I've missed my embossing techniques. Yes, I always knew I could use Allison's technique - but in my mind it just seemed cumbersome and time grabbing. I'll be the first to admit - I'm a REALLY lazy scrapper! I love the looks of so many techniques, but when it gets right down to it - I don't want to spend the time or make the mess. I think in my old age, multi-tasking and patience are two traits that have disappeared! I have now pulled out my embossing powders once again, thanks to Allison's video...she made it look so easy!!!! This is a very big deal for me - one foot out of my rut!
I was even more inspired when Julie followed up with the Creative Confetti challenge - try a new technique. I wanted to my one of my new fave stamp sets (Teacake with Strawberries) from Power Poppy. I wanted to see how I could use this technique on something other than a floral image. The cake stand provided me with an opportunity to use my favorite embossing powder - Vintage Copper. The strawberries were finished off with a touch of an old embossing powder left from one of the first classes I taught - way back when! (I only remember because the store owner charged each customer for a full jar of embossing powder - and you know we all used maybe a cents' worth!) To finish off, I used Stickles on the cake frosting.
For the background, I was inspired by the Feature Stamper Challenge. The white lattice design from Monica's Creative Room was used as a mask for the purple background. I added the sentiment and a few shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!