August 17, 2020

Be in the Pink - Be Well

Happy Monday, Everyone!  Nearly a year ago I joined the pre-diabetic program at the Extension Office.  While I'm not pre-diabetic, I qualified just because I am old!  My personal goal was to keep my blood pressure down (something you have worry about when you get old) and get back into my fat clothes.  Yes, that sounds funny - but I was even outgrowing my fat clothes!!!!  The goal of the class was to exercise more....which was great before the pandemic because i had my gym and most importantly - my water aerobics.  So while I hit my first weight goal of losing 12 lbs. - which happened quickly!  Then my next weight goal was another 12 lbs.  Not so easy!!!!!!  First, I think it was our third class when it hit me that the more successful I was....the harder I had to work at it!  That just ain't happening!  I didn't retire to spend my days exercising and counting calories.  I've been pretty devoted to counting the calories - but haven't exercised in weeks (shhhh!  Don't tell my leader - i keep lying to her to get her off my back!)  Now I think God was just having fun with me....making me sweat 'til the end of the programs comes near....and I hit my second target and hit 26 lbs. lost.  As the program comes to the end, I made a little something for our leader's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!