June 21, 2019

SALSA Citrus Card

This week at Power Poppy, the Creative Confetti challenge is Background Check. I just admire a beautiful background - but seldom think to use them. Now I know why....not my strongest talent! LOL! For my card, I used Power Poppy's Graceful Still Life - with a touch of lemon. I wanted to combine the Creative Confetti challenge with a local SALSA swap - the SALSA them is Citrus. So I added a couple lemons to the Graceful Still Life. I'm not real happy with my background - came out a bit darker than I planned....and my choice of violets began to get muddy. I added my shadow - didn't really want to include a shelf or table for the books to be sitting on - but looking back, probably really needed it. 
I wanted to make the hat look like my hubby's favorite hat (can you say Elmer Fudd?)  I am proud of that hat - I nailed it!!!!  That hat is just so dirty - I'm not even sure what the original color was!  LOL!  I added a little embossing to the card - actually pulls my eye down to my favorite part of the image - that hat!

So now it's time to hop on over to the Creative Confetti Challenge to see wonderful inspiration from Julie - and to enter a creation of your own.  There are soooo many beautiful images at Power Poppy.  The prize challenge is a $25 shopping spree - can't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!