February 24, 2018

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Hello, Everyone!  Hope you're having a good weekend.  Today I made a another layout for my wedding album.
I debated how much I wanted to say about how much I disliked my wedding cake.  The baker, bless her heart, did a wonderful job!  We were on the phone so many hours trying to get her to understand what I wanted.  This is the first cake she's made that wasn't a traditional five-tier cake.  Then my florist was to supply white flowers for the tops and pastel lavender ribbons to match my colors.  The story about how I learned I wasn't getting what I wanted from our custodian is fun - what I love about small towns!  My wedding venue was 40 miles south of where I lived.  My florist was 40 miles north.  So the florist's daughter worked at a gas station next to my baker...thus the flowers ended up there for when the baker was ready for them.  The custodian's daughter also worked at the gas station...word travels fast in a small town.  :D  I decided to add some of the story to my layout - just to remind me that you just have to laugh at the small things...and I had to admit the wedding cake was a small thing.  I do want to make it clear - it was never my intention for my wedding cake to look like a collection of Easter bonnets.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!