February 26, 2018

Three-Patterned Multi-Media - Light of Day Tag Swap

Hi, Everyone!  Happy Monday, All!  Last week I took a little time in my craft room to make projects for swaps with a local papercrafting group - SALSA.  As usual, they were all last minute.  Today's project is for a tag swap - Light of Day.  I decided I wanted a kind of multi-media look for this swap.  I love that look, but do not like the mess!  So I've been playing a little with trying to get the same look in a digital format.  I cut my tag base from the U are a Star Card svg (My Scrap Chick).  I selected three different paper patterns - using a woodgrain pattern for the base.  Using the photo-editing paintbrush, I brushed on an silver embossed pattern around the edges.  I then edged the whole thing in a blue checkered pattern using the paintbrush.
I added a butterfly flourish from Miss Kate Cuttables on the left, and the sentiment was created in Word.  I added some embossed triangles, sequins, and a gold sun to finish it up.  The gold sun is an accident - it was supposed to be a shimmery gold, but I grabbed the wrong paint can.  A little darker than I envisioned in my mind - but I do like my finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!