October 16, 2019

Think Rain in the Desert

What to get a seven-year-old for his birthday? My neighbor visited me a couple weeks ago, and I asked what he wanted for his birthday. He said he really wanted an umbrella - black with blue. He said his mom doesn't think he needs an umbrella (we live in the desert). So I got him a black umbrella and added some blue raindrops - and a sun, 'cuz a lot of people here use umbrellas more for sun than rain. I swear - you would have thought I bought him a pony!!!!!! He was soooo excited....then his 4-year-old sister - who is never jealous when her big brother has a birthday - comes to me in tears because she doesn't have an umbrella. So she has her order in for a pink umbrella with rainbows. Think I might have to invest in a lot of umbrellas for the little munchkins I know. Didn't realize they are a hot item. LOL! Didn't get a great photo of the umbrella, unfortunately.  But Lucas' enthusiasm makes an old lady happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You so much for leaving comments! Love to get your feedback!